So I posted a little over a week ago that for Lent I was giving up soda and Cris was giving up fast food. Here’s an update on how we’re doing:
- I haven’t had any cravings for soda, I just envy the people drinking it around me
- I substituted soda for grape juice, seltzer, or water
- Cris is fine, just always hungry while he works because fast food is his only option on the road.
- I gained a pound since giving up soda
- My energy levels have decreased significantly due to either the lack of sugar or caffeine
It’s not going horribly but this is definitely something hard to do especially since I have been drinking soda for a very long time. I’ll update again next week, it should be interesting, we’re going to a movie (who can have popcorn without soda?!?!)